We call on the Momentum steering committee:
- To immediately publish a timetable for conference business, submission of motions, etc. This should be distributed to all paid-up members asap;
- To take motions from not only from the current leading committee/s of Momentum, but also recognised Momentum branches and any 10 members;
- To distribute all motions to all Momentum members at least 6 weeks before conference and actively encourage branches to organise meetings to thoroughly discuss these;
- Also sets up an open e-forum for all full Momentum members, where these motions can be discussed, where amendments can be mooted and compositing processes can be arranged;
- To accept amendments up to 2 weeks before conference. These can be moved by either the leading committees, recognised branches or 10 members.
- To takes nominations for the steering committee. The elected committee then has the right to appoint officers from its own ranks to facilitate its work. These officers will be responsible to, and recallable by, the steering committee.
The national conference:
- Is made up of delegates elected at local meetings (1 delegate for 10 members)
- Will discuss and decide on a democratic constitution for the organisation;
- Will elect the steering committee, which must publish minutes, reports of its work and all decisions;
- Will discuss and decide the broad political and campaigning priorities for the organisation over the coming period.